Sunday, January 22, 2012

Forever Faithful: The Complete Trilogy




"Great is Thy faithfulness!  Great is Thy faithfulness!  Morning by morning new mercies I see.  All I have needed Thy hand hath provided; great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!"

Forever Faithful: The Complete Trilogy encompasses Waiting for Morning, A Moment of Weakness, and Halfway to Forever.  The three stories follow the same group of characters.  Hannah has lost her husband and oldest daughter to a drunk driver.  Matt is an excellent attorney, but carries loss from his past.  Jade is living with the sins of her parents upon her.  Tanner is searching for his happily ever after.  Each of them believes in God, but will their faith be strong enough to see them through loss, life-threatening illnesses, and the other trials life brings?  Is God faithful?

When I finished reading, I admit, I felt that I did not completely care for it.  As I read, I felt the losses of the characters more deeply than I felt their joys.  I do not know if this is due to the writing style or my personal interpretation.  In Waiting for Morning there was not enough detail as to the passage of time.  I often wondered just how much time passed between events.  It left a disjointed feeling.  I felt the last book, Halfway to Forever was the strongest of the three.  This was my first Kingsbury read, so perhaps my expectations were too high.  I am keeping this on my shelf and will give it a try again.  For now, I am giving 3 out of 5 stars. 



Karen Kingsbury lives in Nashville, Tennessee with her husband and six children, three of whom were adopted from Haiti.  She has written over 50 novels, 10 of which have been number one on national bestseller lists.  Several of her books have been or are being made into movies.  Somehow, she even finds time to travel around the country speaking to churches and women's groups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to read what you have to write.