Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Unseen by T.L. Hines

For the most part, I feel pretty safe when I am out in public. I also feel fairly secure in my own home. It is an advantage to living in America. The Unseen by T.L. Hines stands our sense of security on it's head. Then, just at the time you begin to feel comfortable again, he increases the intensity of the book. It is sure to keep you unsettled right until the end.
Our main character is Lucas. Uncertain about his past, insecure about his present, and not even thinking about his future, he spends his days watching people and imagining fantasies about them. What he learns is that things are often not what they appear to be. While this may be common knowledge to many, he learns that this is true, not just in the public eye, but also behind closed doors. What he learns requires him to take action. These actions cause him to run for his life, but in the end, he has run into a life that he never thought was possible; a life just as real as those he watched for so long.
I do not often read thrillers, but this book was a great read. If you think thrillers are predictable, I highly recommend this to you as it is anything but. I would definitely consider reading another book by Hines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to read what you have to write.