Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Faces in the Fire

Faces in the Fire by T.L. Hines Published by Thomas Nelson

Dreams and visions of catfish, numbers written on a napkin, cancer, drugs, amnesia, murder, fire; a jumble of things that make up the lives of four strangers. Four people who do not realize that something draws them together. One by one T.L. Hines introduces us to Kurt, Corinne, Grace, and Stan in his novel Faces in the Fire. These four souls are searching for something and they don't know what it is until they find it. Life is hard, but it doesn't have to be miserable.

I chose to review this book because I read something else by Hines and enjoyed it. This was no different. I was immediately drawn into the story. Although I couldn't identify with (100) the situations the characters were in, I could identify with the human condition, the questions of their hearts. There is a lot of supernatural in the book and you shouldn't read it if you want every little question answered. Personally, I found the unanswered questions adding to the tale. While I don't want to say more and give anything away, I will say most readers will be very pleased with the end results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to read what you have to write.