Wednesday, March 9, 2011

How Can A Good God Let Bad Things Happen?

How Can A Good God Let Bad Things Happen? by Mark Tabb Published by NavPress

Every day horrible things happen around the world. Many times we stop to wonder why because our Lord is a good God. How can a good God let bad things happen? And how can these things happen to believers? Mark Tabb attempts to address these questions and more. Can we trust God? Is there a purpose to the suffering? How are we supposed to go on after trials?
I was a bit reluctant to read this book for a couple of reasons. The first being that I was in the middle of some trials and didn't want to read a bunch of cliches. The second was that there are many books out there dealing with the topic, some of which are quite good. Obviously, I read it anyways. By the time I finished the book my trials had subsided and I came to the conclusion that such books are to be read during times of relative peace and calm in our lives so that we can store the Word in our hearts. In times of need, they will come back to us. How does this book rank with the others I have read? I found it to be different, so I can't rank it with others. This book is for the believer. It is for someone who has acknowledge God in his or her life. Many other books on this subject are addressed for the doubters. My one negative thought regarding this title is that it does seem to get a bit repetitive at times. I found myself skimming parts. Overall, I would recommend it if you wonder about accepting both the good and the bad from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to read what you have to write.